Please see also the text on the website of the Office for Studies.
- The student asks the Office for Studies through e-mail to create the thesis archive in Masaryk University's information system (email@example.com). In the same message, s/he submits the final title of the dissertation in the language of the thesis and in English, after discussing it with the supervisor.
- Once the archive is created, the students submits the complete text of the dissertation, including appendices, annotations in Czech and English, and keywords in Czech and English. At that moment, the archive is properly filled.
- The student fills in any missing data in the application Individual Study Plan in IS MU and notifies the supervisor who will check the individual study plan, and if everything is in order, s/he will confirm its fulfillment.
- The student will make sure that all courses enrolled in the given semester have been completed, including the course of the thesis. Credits for the dissertation are awarded after grading by the supervisor who approves of the final version (there is no need to wait with this for the physical submission of the work!).
- Provided that the archive in the IS MU is properly filled and all the courses are fulfilled, the student (in person - representation is not allowed by the rules of the Office for Studies) submits the dissertation in hard cover in three copies together with all mandatory appendices listed on the website of the Office for Studies. Upon submission, the officer of the Office for Studies checks whether the student meets the conditions for graduation and has completed all courses. Furthermore, the status of the Individual Study Plan in the application and its confirmation by the supervisor is checked. At the same time, the student is given a list of completed courses, which is to be checked and signed by the president of the study programme (this need not be done before the deadline for submitting the dissertation).
- After submitting the hardbound copies of the dissertation, the Study Department makes the archive of the final thesis publicly accessible.
- The supervisor checks the thesis in the IS MU archive and confirms the readability of the file and the originality of the work.
- If everything is in order, the Office for Studies will ask the president of the study programme to nominate the reviewers for the thesis and the examination committee for the doctoral defense and examination.